“Employ a competent workforce to deliver culturally appropriate healing services to the Aboriginal Community.”
Yorgum provides a nurturing place and an environment which promotes the cultural strength of the Aboriginal people of Australia and their families through a healing process that supports their spiritual, physical, intellectual and emotional wellbeing.
Yorgum Aims To:
- Maintain and provide a high-quality counselling service to all Aboriginal people (men, women and children).
- Provide a holistic response to Family Violence and Sexual Abuse in Counselling and Community Development.
- Identify and apply counselling processes which embrace and acknowledge cultural diversity, values, beliefs, knowledge and skills.
- Provide the opportunity for staff and management to access development programs which include ongoing training, education, debriefing and support.
- Support staff to develop programs to deliver to Aboriginal men, women and children
- Work towards positive outcomes for Aboriginal people (particularly children) who have been affected by family and sexual abuse.
- Provide a Link-Up Service to the Metropolitan region and the Murchison, Goldfields, South East, Wheatbelt and Pilbara regions.